Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Take That!


No, but seriously, the band I want to share with you is actually called Take That! I absolutely adore they're music and I thought that maybe some of my readers would too...

Here's a little background for you. Okay, so Take That is a British rock band, originating in Manchester England. It consist of five band members: Gary Barlow, Howard Donald, Jason Orange, Mark Owen and Robbie Williams. They became a band in 1990 and were very successful until they split in 1996. After the split they left a legacy of having a very high work ethic, being the only boy band to write their own songs. This earned them the status of being one of the greatest boy bands of all time.

The band reunited in 2005 and have been playing music ever since. In between then and now, they have received many awards, such as the Q award, the BRIT award and the iTunes award. Their latest album, Progress, is full of fast beat, fan favourites that I just can't get enough of.

My favourite Take That song has got to be Love Love. It was released on June 10th, 2011 on the extended version of the album Progress titled Progressed. The song was also featured in the film X-Men: First Class and served as the main theme for the movie. For you're convenience, I've attached the music video for Love Love bellow.


After Love Love, there is a song called The Flood that I really enjoy as well. I think it used to be my favourite Take That song until I heard Love Love. Other good songs include Patience and Shine. I bit you've already heard Patience on the radio or in an elevator. It's that kind of song. You know, a song that sounds a lot like five other songs you listen to regularly so you know you've heard it before, but you just can't place it. Shine is also pretty cool. I'd say it's a classy song, kinda slow, but with a good beat. I do admit though, the music video for Shine is really impressive in a weired sort of way. I don't like that much so I didn't post it, but if you want to check it out, just click on this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwC1Ctrj6Xk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think and post a comment. Suggest a book, make a statement or just express yourself...