Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Finding Neverland

I'm sure I've seen Finding Neverland countless times, but I watched just the other day and it never gets old...


Anyway, if you have never seen the film, Finding Neverland is a semi-biographical story of legendary playwright J.M Barrie, and his discovery of Peter Pan. The film follows his relationship with Sylvia Llewellyn Davies, her sons and how they inspired the play, Peter Pan. Finding Neverland is an absolutely gorgeous film, featuring academy award nominated and winning actors such as Johnny Depp, Kate Winslet and Dustin Hoffman. The film was nominated for many academy awards, including Best Picture, Best Actor, Best Screenplay and Best Costume Design.

However, it's the music in this film that really gets me tearing up, and it just so happens that, Jan A.P Kaczmarek, the film's composer won an Academy Award for Original Music Score!
If you haven't already seen this film, I highly recommend it. It's just so rich and beautiful. And if you have already seen it, then watch it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think and post a comment. Suggest a book, make a statement or just express yourself...